Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-26-2013, 04:18 AM   #1
toomnymods

Default Christmas came early for my 5.0 :)

Well I ordered all my suspension, aluminum 1 piece driveshaft and my Borla stinger catback. Heres some pics of it all installed
The stang is now becoming quite a monster now that my traction has increased greatly even on the stock tires. Some 19x9.5 and 19x11 forgestars will be my next mod along with some Michelin pilot super sport rubber.
Thanks to El_Tortuga and Bacadiesel for helping me install the suspension! I couldnt have done it without your guys help..

Some pics of the goodies.. Really pissed off the UPS guy this week, hahaha

Borla Stainless Stinger catback (you'd think for 1,200 bucks the damn thing wouldve been polished stainless)

Strange adjustable struts /w BMR springs

BMR LCA's, BMR relocation brackets and sway bar relocation kit ( so I can run 15x10 slicks at the track when i eventually am boosted)

BMR panhard and panhard brace

BMR UCA mount and adjustable UCA

BMR rear shocks and Viking double adjustable shocks (ended up having to remove the panhard relocation bracket because it was not letting the sway bar sit right when the weight was on the axle..)

Borla Stinger catback

Ended up having to pay a performance shop to install half my catback because I couldnt get the stock pipes out over the axle. On jackstands this was impossible

Driveshaft Shop aluminum 1 piece driveshaft
This mod alone proved to me its worth as much as the tune performance wise, it really increased acceleration a ton.

2014 Sterling Gray Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Brembo pkg, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, AED E85 Race Tune, ARH Longtubes /w O/R X pipe, Borla Stinger Catback, DSS Alum Driveshaft, Bob's Autosports Oil Seperator, BMR drop springs, K Member, A-Arms, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relocation brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, MGW short throw shifter
toomnymods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:10 AM   #2
Dominic Toretto

All looks great man! Really coming along nicely.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #3
GunsUp

Hell yeah! congrats have fun with it.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #4
03MachMe

Nice glad you got it all done. Sorry I couldn't help

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #5
toomnymods

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
Nice glad you got it all done. Sorry I couldn't help
Its ok.. El_Tortuga did my shocks and struts and springs and Bacadiesel had a lift that made installing the rest a breeze

2014 Sterling Gray Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Brembo pkg, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, AED E85 Race Tune, ARH Longtubes /w O/R X pipe, Borla Stinger Catback, DSS Alum Driveshaft, Bob's Autosports Oil Seperator, BMR drop springs, K Member, A-Arms, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relocation brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, MGW short throw shifter
Old 11-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #6
El_Tortuga

In the rush to get through, we forgot to check camber and toe. Whoops.

I was wondering how you snaked the pipes. If you are still getting the buzzy vibe at certain RPMs when cold, you might recheck that all the clamps are tight.

Enough with the explicit details. Lets see how the car sits. I don't think I even looked at it from the side when we finished.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #7
toomnymods

Originally Posted by El_Tortuga View Post
In the rush to get through, we forgot to check camber and toe. Whoops.

I was wondering how you snaked the pipes. If you are still getting the buzzy vibe at certain RPMs when cold, you might recheck that all the clamps are tight.

Enough with the explicit details. Lets see how the car sits. I don't think I even looked at it from the side when we finished.
Yea i dont think the alignment is far off if any at all. It doesnt pull at all
I'll take a outside pic little later today when I get home.
What setting do you keep your koni yellows on for everyday driving?
It bounces a lot with bumps i cant even see. I figure i just need to adjust my struts and shocks settings

Old 11-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #8
five.slow

I would have just dropped the rear end down for the pipes... Looks like you had fun.
five.slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #9
El_Tortuga

Originally Posted by toomnymods View Post
Yea i dont think the alignment is far off if any at all. It doesnt pull at all
I'll take a outside pic little later today when I get home.
What setting do you keep your koni yellows on for everyday driving?
It bounces a lot with bumps i cant even see. I figure i just need to adjust my struts and shocks settings
Konis only adjust rebound. I'm 3/5 hard in the back and 2/5 hard in the front. Probably a bit firm for comfort, but feels pretty good when I play in corners.
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #10
re-rx7
Banned

The driveshaft made a pretty big difference? With how quickly it revs? Just really curious if its worth it.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #11
pohnjarker

looks real good, im on the fence about a one piece drive shaft so im glad to hear it helps out so much.

getting the stock pipes off was a bitch, i jacked the car up as far as it would go, put it on stands, then put a 4x4 block on the jack and jacked it up as high as it would go and raised the jack stands some more. took the jack out and went over to one side and started jacking the side up. essentially the whole car was off the ground at one point but i got it...lol. i refuse to pay a shop to do that so i do it myself and then bitch about it.

hope those borlas sound good, that's a lot of dough for pipes
Old 12-06-2013, 03:53 AM   #12
toomnymods

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
The driveshaft made a pretty big difference? With how quickly it revs? Just really curious if its worth it.
yes the car accelerates to 100mph like it's nuthing now.. main reason i wanted it was because I eventually want to drag race the car and want to use slicks, I've seen pics of just 430 rwhp mustangs destroying the twopiece like a twig. Also got sick of hearing the clunk clunk B.S. everytime you changed gears or pushed in the clutch.. this is how the damn car should've came from the factory if you ask me.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:55 AM   #13
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by toomnymods View Post
yes the car aGccelerates to 100mph like it's nuthing now.. main reason i wanted it was because I eventually want to drag race the car and want to use slicks, I've seen pics of just 430 rwhp mustangs destroying the twopiece like a twig. Also got sick of hearing the clunk clunk B.S. everytime you changed gears or pushed in the clutch.. this is how the damn car should've came from the factory if you ask me.
Wow that is impressive!!
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #14
Dan12GT

Don't forget to drill weep holes in the Borla Mufflers, they will collect a lot of water. Looks great though! I'm sure its a blast to drive!

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:27 PM   #15
BERT
I love tube socks

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
Don't forget to drill weep holes in the Borla Mufflers, they will collect a lot of water. Looks great though! I'm sure its a blast to drive!

Why do they do this? Is it only Bora that has this problem?
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote