View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #29
Yagermeister

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
No, there isn't a white NA car that goes tens with "barely and mods." lol

There is a white NA car with some very effective mods that goes 10s though... and a gray one, too.

names are kdanner and wbt, they both post here
Spot on 46Tbird.

White one is Boss-powered auto owned by kdanner
Gray one is Coyote-powered auto owned by wbt

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
That's right! But they aren't using any power adders. I don't recall what mods they are using though besides the CJIM and DRs.

-Alex
What you said plus some weight reduction (but with some weight added back in for rollcage and other safety items), e85, longtubes, aluminum d/s, Detroit Locker rearend and Strange axles...on both

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
CJIM, DR's, Air Raid CAI (IIRC) and a seriously well done, well sorted out tune. I'm also guessing that said tune might be just a tad lean for daily driving.
Doubt their cars are too lean or dangerous (otherwise they wouldn't last long)...and they do drive both cars on the street

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Not to thread jack but, I consider that barely modded. Just an intake manifold, CAI and tune.

-Alex
Quite a bit more than just what was stated but you are correct on no power adder, stock heads/cams...white car does have Boss heads and Boss cams since it is a Boss motor. Gray car is a Coyote so stock heads/cams/internals. It's all in the combo of parts and ESPECIALLY the tune

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
It's a full bolt-on car with bigs and littles. But with a CJ intake instead of a Boss, and a modified 2005-2010 4.6 Airraid intake.
white car now has a 5" CJ CAI with 123mm MAF
gray car now has a pre-production FRPP CJ street CAI
I now have wbt's 2010 4.6 Airaid intake on my car while I wait for the production version of the FRPP CJ street CAI