Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
JDMLOL

Default Re: Oil Change Intervals

I dont feel I should have to go to the dealer for an oil change. It takes more time, plus I'm still a student. Im not trying to spend more than I have to on something I can easily do myself. Ive worked at a dealer before, I remember most of the time the oil changes were done by some kid that wasnt even a tech. I can save my oreilly receipts and bottles as proof to me using their recommended lubricants and filters. I just want to be sure the ticking doesnt cause damage. It doesnt make sense that the car does it after an oil change when I supposedly replaced it with the same lubricant that it came with from the factory. Why do the track pack cars take 5w-50, is it because they come with an external oil cooler?

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:03 PM   #2
03MachMe

Default Re: Oil Change Intervals

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
I dont feel I should have to go to the dealer for an oil change. It takes more time, plus I'm still a student. Im not trying to spend more than I have to on something I can easily do myself. Ive worked at a dealer before, I remember most of the time the oil changes were done by some kid that wasnt even a tech. I can save my oreilly receipts and bottles as proof to me using their recommended lubricants and filters. I just want to be sure the ticking doesnt cause damage. It doesnt make sense that the car does it after an oil change when I supposedly replaced it with the same lubricant that it came with from the factory. Why do the track pack cars take 5w-50, is it because they come with an external oil cooler?
They recommended the 50 for track pack and boss card because it is supposed to be a better oil for racing. Nothing to do with the motor itself.

I'm just over 5k since my last oil change and I'm taking it in on Tuesday for my next one, since it's free for 2 years. Checked the oil again yesterday and hasn't burned a drop in over 5k miles so don't know what all this talk about burning oil is about

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #3
JDMLOL

Just what I like to hear about my brand new car... Talked to a tech today about the ticking and he said that he has heard of 5.0 F-150's having the same sort of ticking that had bottom end work or motor replacement and I have heard the same on other forums from mustang owners. Dropping it off tomorrow. GREAT.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #4
CMORENO302

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
Just what I like to hear about my brand new car... Talked to a tech today about the ticking and he said that he has heard of 5.0 F-150's having the same sort of ticking that had bottom end work or motor replacement and I have heard the same on other forums from mustang owners. Dropping it off tomorrow. GREAT.
My 2012 GT had a bad ticking and rattling noise at startup around 3500 mi. Tool it in and came out with a complete new engine swap. I was good it was non repairable. It was good with me. And came with a 5yr/100k warranty.