Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #211
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

"Boo...I just got a call back from NHRA corporate and the definition of UNALTERED is "as the vehicle came directly from the manufacturer". Dealership added components ALTER the vehicle. This rule is mainly for Ferrari's, GT500's, Corvette ZR1's, etc that from the manufacturer will eclipse 11.49 in the quarter mile. I have another call in to them to clarify one more time. If this is true then the rule does not fit me and I and any Mustang or changes the Cold Air or exhaust will need to adhere to the older rule."
Stolen from Brents Facebook.

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #212
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Huh? lol. Changing anything from the car from factory specs is altering the car.
I'm referring to like truly altering the car specifically for drag racing. How will they know if your car has cams installed, forged internals, etc. unless they tear into your motor. Now if you show up with a full 4-link with 28.5s on a balk half car, with a OE body about the only thing stock, then that's altered.

They won't check for the small bolt-on things.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:53 PM   #213
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace View Post
"Boo...I just got a call back from NHRA corporate and the definition of UNALTERED is "as the vehicle came directly from the manufacturer". Dealership added components ALTER the vehicle. This rule is mainly for Ferrari's, GT500's, Corvette ZR1's, etc that from the manufacturer will eclipse 11.49 in the quarter mile. I have another call in to them to clarify one more time. If this is true then the rule does not fit me and I and any Mustang or changes the Cold Air or exhaust will need to adhere to the older rule."
Stolen from Brents Facebook.
Well looks like I won't be going fast anytime soon...when I decide to actually go fast.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:03 PM   #214
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Well looks like I won't be going fast anytime soon...when I decide to actually go fast.
Told ya so.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #215
DirtyD

Told ya so.
Still faster than Jeff.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:11 PM   #216
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace View Post
She sucks.

My next wife is going to be Olivia Wilde.
TRON Olivia!!!! gd she is fine.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:18 PM   #217
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
See now that means more people will go since they eliminated the 11.49 time rule. Although you would think if you are going a certain speed a cage would be nice protection. I don't know from personal experience but I've heard hitting a wall sucks.
Yea, I agree... if its an 08 hardtop (it says no t tops or verts, dunno if a Corvette Targa is included) that runs slower than a 9.99 and 135 doesnt need a cage anymore... unaltered in the past meant no changes to make the integrity of the chassis different... doesnt mean STOCK motors...

My 08 Vette trapped WAY over 135 anyway, so I dont regret selling it still. lmao

Edit, read what PP said, I hope that's not the case, no one races a fucken STOCK car anyway, at least no one in TX... lol this rule might help one dude in all of Texas go race his Ferrari once. haha
Old 12-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #218
DirtyD

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
unaltered in the past meant no changes to make the integrity of the chassis different... doesnt mean STOCK motors...
This is the point I was trying to make.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #219
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
This is the point I was trying to make.
Ok.......and?
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #220
STROKD
Old School

If its only for showroom stock cars, who gaf. No one here has a 100% stock car. Its a cool idea, but lame execution. There aren't THAT many cars in the world STOCK that run under a 11.50 anyway.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:06 PM   #221
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
If its only for showroom stock cars, who gaf. No one here has a 100% stock car. Its a cool idea, but lame execution. There aren't THAT many cars in the world STOCK that run under a 11.50 anyway.
Like I stated earlier they won't check, especially at the 1/8th mike tracks since most aren't Nhra tracks.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:23 AM   #222
Grandpa
I> /\/\

So is everyone ready for Christmas? Shopping done?

I love Christmas. Nothing more fun than watching my little girl just have a blast on Christmas morning!
Old 12-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #223
GunsUp

So is everyone ready for Christmas? Shopping done?

I love Christmas. Nothing more fun than watching my little girl just have a blast on Christmas morning!
I have not even started shopping. Usually do most after Christmas anyways, better sales and shit.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:34 AM   #224
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Haha, wow. I like to get it done early and not worry about it. Waiting to the last minute is just way too stressful for me.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #225
GunsUp

Haha, wow. I like to get it done early and not worry about it. Waiting to the last minute is just way too stressful for me.
I don't wanna know about your sex life Steve