Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:25 PM   #91
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Dark Pony View Post
Weekdays are bad for me. Weekends, well that can be arranged. As you may have "set your car up" for "roll racing"...I have set mine up for real racing. It's interesting that you'd be so quick to say you'd forfeit if it wasn't what you wanted. Oh well, again, I have no problem running a vette. Personally, I love vettes and have wanted one since I was little kid. I just can't stand the majority of the vette owners. Most, think they are gods gift to the earth and it is quite entertaining catching the look on their face when they get beat by a Mustang ;-)
prime example being the attitudes in this thread. lol
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:27 PM   #92
Dominic Toretto

Weekdays are bad for me. Weekends, well that can be arranged. As you may have "set your car up" for "roll racing"...I have set mine up for real racing. It's interesting that you'd be so quick to say you'd forfeit if it wasn't what you wanted. Oh well, again, I have no problem running a vette. Personally, I love vettes and have wanted one since I was little kid. I just can't stand the majority of the vette owners. Most, think they are gods gift to the earth and it is quite entertaining catching the look on their face when they get beat by a Mustang ;-)
Sounds like you're describing Supra owners now.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:29 PM   #93
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Sounds like you're describing Supra owners now.

-Alex
Junkie's Supra has been faster from a dig or a roll than any Mustang on this site. Jus sayin..
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:35 PM   #94
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Junkie's Supra has been faster from a dig or a roll than any Mustang on this site. Jus sayin..
Not denying that. Just pointing out the overall attitude of Supra owners in General. Especially MK4 guys. Love the cars but, for the most part, the owners suck more than their turbos.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:37 PM   #95
Dark Pony
Supporting Member

Steve, I respect auto cross, road racing, drag racing...but I wouldn't necessarily consider roll racing in the same category.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:41 PM   #96
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Not denying that. Just pointing out the overall attitude of Supra owners in General. Especially MK4 guys. Love the cars but, for the most part, the owners suck more than their turbos.

-Alex
Meh, stereotypes suck. Funny sometimes, but to generalize a whole group of people is pretty lame.

Steve, I respect auto cross, road racing, drag racing...but I wouldn't necessarily consider roll racing in the same category.
I'm curious, but why is that?
Old 03-27-2014, 02:46 PM   #97
Dark Pony
Supporting Member

Generally, guys like to roll race because they don't have traction...that's not my fucking fault...I'm sure my car is over 600WHP and I don't have traction issues...
Old 03-27-2014, 03:03 PM   #98
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Generally, guys like to roll race because they don't have traction...that's not my fucking fault...I'm sure my car is over 600WHP and I don't have traction issues...
That might be partially true, but wouldn't part of that be that most people don't roll around on slicks in street trim?

The other part of it isn't true at all. Many people don't dig race because it's not as hard on drivetrain and rear end parts, but also there isn't many places you can dig race so it's easy just to get a low roll in on a Mexican highway.

600rw isn't exactly a lot of power and shouldn't be hard to hook with the tire you are running and how heavy the car is.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:19 PM   #99
blownaltered
I have a small penis

That might be partially true, but wouldn't part of that be that most people don't roll around on slicks in street trim?

The other part of it isn't true at all. Many people don't dig race because it's not as hard on drivetrain and rear end parts, but also there isn't many places you can dig race so it's easy just to get a low roll in on a Mexican highway.

600rw isn't exactly a lot of power and shouldn't be hard to hook with the tire you are running and how heavy the car is.
There are 6 drag strips within an hour of here, so there are plenty of places for dig racing. But I don't dig race because I'm not putting a cage in my vert, fuck that.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:28 PM   #100
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
There are 6 drag strips within an hour of here, so there are plenty of places for dig racing. But I don't dig race because I'm not putting a cage in my vert, fuck that.
You know as well as anyone going to drag strip end up being more like work than going to have fun. Waiting in line for hours to maybe get in two or three passes, hoping you don't break something depending on the surface or some idiot in junker oiling down the track that doesn't get cleaned up well.

A night at the track has to be all planned out, lug out your gear, its a long drive, expensive only to get in two or three passes on a good night. It's just an asswhippin.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:30 PM   #101
Dark Pony
Supporting Member

Again, that's not my problem. My transmission could go anytime, but I'm not whining about it. And I'm sorry, but if you have the power that Zeeks car does and you choose to not put a good set of tires on it, that's idiotic. Power is useless unless you can put it down to the ground.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:13 PM   #102
BERT
I love tube socks

Yeah but it makes like 2000hp. It damn well better beat all mustangs on this site
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:19 PM   #103
STROKD
Old School

No its not your problem Corvettes cost a shit ton to replace parts with... accept the man's race for fun or dont worry about it. Complaining about a vette guy not wanting to dig race is a waste of time. I love racing from a stop, but Im not going to break my car over a quick pull... it doesnt make any sense. You have a blower and over 100 rw more than him, you should murder him from a roll.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:21 PM   #104
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
Yeah but it makes like 2000hp. It damn well better beat all mustangs on this site
Tmk, Clint has the fastest car on this site, and it has a gd Windsor in it! Woo woo!!!!!!

Long live the small block Ford!
Old 03-27-2014, 04:29 PM   #105
Dark Pony
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
No its not your problem Corvettes cost a shit ton to replace parts with... accept the man's race for fun or dont worry about it. Complaining about a vette guy not wanting to dig race is a waste of time. I love racing from a stop, but Im not going to break my car over a quick pull... it doesnt make any sense. You have a blower and over 100 rw more than him, you should murder him from a roll.
Agreed. I told him I would race. I'm simply giving a rebuttal to Steve's excuses about roll racing. If I win, cool. If not, whatever. I like how Mustangs are being compared to Corvettes more these days than Camaros. Funny to me...