Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:40 PM   #121
downtime!

I have had a few Vette's over the years, including a GS with a 200 shot. Anyone that knows me, knows how I drive my cars. I beat on them pretty good. It's a damn car, I built it to have fun with, if it breaks I fix it. If you can't afford to pay, you shouldn't even be playing,

With that said, I never had any failures, or any kind, on any of my Vettes. They are a lot stronger than people give them credit for.

Don't be scared, line 'em up, drop the hammer and let's see what happens.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:05 PM   #122
DirtyD

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
No its not your problem Corvettes cost a shit ton to replace parts with... accept the man's race for fun or dont worry about it. Complaining about a vette guy not wanting to dig race is a waste of time. I love racing from a stop, but Im not going to break my car over a quick pull... it doesnt make any sense. You have a blower and over 100 rw more than him, you should murder him from a roll.
Same thing could be said for Zeek and his complaining about not wanting to run a dig race. Just sayin'
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:27 PM   #123
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Donnie and I are running one of each cuz he doesnt want to run the V from a dig. The difference is we dont give a shit about who wins/loses. We just enjoy breaking eachothers balls and acting like immature high school kids for a few minutes. Lmao
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:06 PM   #124
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
You're excused. I know you are new to the actual fast car scene and not used to being out of the sandbox. All is forgiven. lol
It's not my fault it took this long for members of the board to run the times I did in 2007.

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
I agree with everything dark pony is saying. Who gives a rat snatch. If that vette is so much more superior it shouldn't have a problem beating stang from a roll or dig. Hell he cud ease it out of the hole and still eat dark pony. Cuz vette!!
Will somebody please ban this fucking guy. For the love of god. Please tell me he is just trolling and not this stupid.

Donnie and I are running one of each cuz he doesnt want to run the V from a dig. The difference is we dont give a shit about who wins/loses. We just enjoy breaking eachothers balls and acting like immature high school kids for a few minutes. Lmao
I've got a for sale sign to bring with me tomorrow. That way when you get drug you can go ahead and put that shit box for sale in the parking lot.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:27 PM   #125
downtime!

My '70 Cuda ran in the 10's too.

In 1980.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:34 PM   #126
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post

In 1980.
I wasn't in the 10's, I'm talking about the big boys. I was running high 7s low 8 s. Boy that was a fun car
Old 03-27-2014, 10:45 PM   #127
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
I've got a for sale sign to bring with me tomorrow. That way when you get drug you can go ahead and put that shit box for sale in the parking lot.
Uhh huh. We'll see, Vanilla.

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post

In 1980.
I'm sure it did. It also got 5 miles to the gallon on a good day, no power anything, some stellar drum brakes all the while cruising to your AM radio and 8 track blaring that you might be able to hear over your old school mudding tires. lol.
Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
I wasn't in the 10's, I'm talking about the big boys. I was running high 7s low 8 s. Boy that was a fun car
Did it in a glorified go-kart. Doesn't count.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:29 PM   #128
downtime!

I'm sure it did. It also got 5 miles to the gallon on a good day, no power anything, some stellar drum brakes all the while cruising to your AM radio and 8 track blaring that you might be able to hear over your old school mudding tires. lol.
And exactly what does that have to do with anything? I was simply pointing out that there were fast street cars long before 2007. You, and your expertise on all thing car related, are a constant source of amusement.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:07 AM   #129
kdanner

Originally Posted by Zeek View Post
Tbh I'm not sure. I'd love to race a stock one to see how I compare.

Well that's an honest answer. I really expected you to say no. What I was getting at is I think you are very much oversimplifying with some of your statements like saying you could pull him if he traps under 135. First of all if your car has never been down a track you really don't know where you are at all. Second, my own car trapping 126 at the time ran around the middle of the ZR1 pack at the mile, outrunning more of them there than have been able to outrun me. I think the conditions at the mile very much simulate what you guys do on the highways, there's no traction there either, and we can't even run a soft tire.
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:09 AM   #130
Zeek

Originally Posted by kdanner View Post
Well that's an honest answer. I really expected you to say no. What I was getting at is I think you are very much oversimplifying with some of your statements like saying you could pull him if he traps under 135. First of all if your car has never been down a track you really don't know where you are at all. Second, my own car trapping 126 at the time ran around the middle of the ZR1 pack at the mile, outrunning more of them there than have been able to outrun me. I think the conditions at the mile very much simulate what you guys do on the highways, there's no traction there either, and we can't even run a soft tire.
Well a good friend of mine has had the exact same build as me and he trapped in the 130s so that's what I'm basing my car off of.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:36 AM   #131
Zeek

Looking at a bone stock ZR1's specs I'd like to say I'd give it a good run. Slight chance to win.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:22 AM   #132
DirtyD

Well a good friend of mine has had the exact same build as me and he trapped in the 130s so that's what I'm basing my car off of.
Prepare to be flamed with "not all cars are the same" and other like comments. Just because your buddies car did it, doesn't mean yours will do it. You won't know until you actually do it with yours.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:28 AM   #133
Zeek

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Prepare to be flamed with "not all cars are the same" and other like comments. Just because your buddies car did it, doesn't mean yours will do it. You won't know until you actually do it with yours.
Well seeing as he built my car with the same parts as his and we both dynoed the same (within 5rwhp) before and after mods. I'm pretty sure mine will do the same. I'm not worried about being flamed. Now he's a better driver than me so. Just cuz I can't make the same times don't mean my car can't lol. He's got about 10years more experience than me.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:31 AM   #134
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Well seeing as he built my car with the same parts as his and we both dynoed the same (within 5rwhp) before and after mods. I'm pretty sure mine will do the same. I'm not worried about being flamed. Now he's a better driver than me so. Just cuz I can't make the same times don't mean my car can't lol. He's got about 10years more experience than me.
Here we go with this type of bullshit. This site kills me with this. My buddies car ran this so mine should, but he is a better driver so I won't do it but the car can do it. It doesn't matter what the car can do, if you drive like shit you still lose and will still be told your car is slow. The car is only as fast as you so if you suck so does your car.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:31 AM   #135
DirtyD

Now he's a better driver than me so. Just cuz I can't make the same times don't mean my car can't lol. He's got about 10years more experience than me.
You must have missed that entire argument between me and Steve over that EXACT statement. I agree and see things exactly as you do in regards to that.

Donnie beat me to it. hahah